App terms and conditions
PLEASE READ THESE LICENCE TERMS CAREFULLY
BY PROCEEDING TO USE THE APP YOU AGREE TO THESE TERMS WHICH WILL BIND YOU.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, DO NOT PROCEED.
25th February 2022
Who we are and what this agreement does
We are Credas Technologies Ltd. of The Maltings, East Tyndall Street, Cardiff, CF24 5EA.
We are registered in England & Wales (company number 10429398).
This agreement licenses you to use:
- the Credas mobile application software and any updates or supplements to it;
- the Credas web application and any updates or supplements to it;the Credas Wallet which is accessible via the mobile and web application;
- related electronic documentation; and
- the service you connect to via the App and any content we provide to you through it (collectively the “App”)
as permitted in these terms
Under data protection legislation, we are required to provide you with certain information about who we are, how we process your personal data and for what purposes and your rights in relation to your personal data and how to exercise them. This information is provided in our App Privacy Notice and it is important that you read that information.
Whilst we have implemented strict security measures and high levels of encryption technology into our platform (further details contained in our Privacy Notice), please be aware that internet transmissions are never completely private or secure and that any message or information you send using the App potentially may be read or intercepted by others, even if there is a special notice that a particular transmission is encrypted.
Additional terms for specific Services
Apple Store or Google Play Store terms also apply (as applicable to the location in which you have downloaded the App).
The ways in which you can use the App may also be controlled by the Apple Store’s rules and policies and the Apple Store’s rules and policies shall apply instead of these terms where there are differences between the two.
Operating system requirements
The mobile App can be used on all iPhone and Android devices with a suitable memory to support the App as advised from time to time and requires iOS 13.0 or later (for Apple) and 6.0 or later (for Android). The web App can be used on the latest versions of Chrome, Edge, Safari, and Firefox.
If you want to learn more about the App, please look at our website: www.credas.com.
If you think the App is faulty or misdescribed, or you are having issues using the App, please contact Us at email@example.com.
How you may use the App
In return for your agreeing to comply with these terms you may:
- use any documentation to support your permitted use of the App
- receive and use any free supplementary software code or update of the App incorporating “patches” and corrections of errors as we may provide to you.
You may not transfer the App to someone else
We are giving you personally the right to use the App as set out above. You may not otherwise transfer the App to someone else, whether for money, for anything else or for free. If you sell any device on which the App is installed, you must remove the App from it.
Changes to these terms
We may need to change these terms to reflect changes in law or best practice or to deal with additional features which we introduce.
Updates to the App
From time to time we may automatically update the App to improve performance, enhance functionality, reflect changes to the operating system or address security issues. Alternatively we may ask you to update the App for these reasons.
If you choose not to install such updates or if you opt out of automatic updates you may not be able to continue using the App.
The App will always work with the current or previous version of the operating system (as it may be updated from time to time) and match the description of it provided to you when you downloaded it.
You agree that you will:
- not rent, lease, sub-license, loan, provide, or otherwise make available, the App in any form, in whole or in part to any person without prior written consent from us;
- not copy the App, or documentation, except as part of the normal use of the App or where it is necessary for the purpose of back-up or operational security;
- not translate, merge, adapt, vary, alter or modify, the whole or any part of the App, nor permit the App or any part of it to be combined with, or become incorporated in, any other programs, except as necessary to use the App on devices as permitted in these terms;
- not disassemble, de-compile, reverse engineer or create derivative works based on the whole or any part of the App
Acceptable use restrictions
- not use the App in any unlawful manner, for any unlawful purpose, or in any manner inconsistent with these terms, or act fraudulently or maliciously, for example, by hacking into or inserting malicious code, such as viruses, or harmful data, into the App, or any operating system;
- not infringe our intellectual property rights or those of any third party in relation to your use of the App, (to the extent that such use is not licensed by these terms);
- not transmit any material that is defamatory, offensive or otherwise objectionable in relation to your use of the App;
- not use the App in a way that could damage, disable, overburden, impair or compromise our systems or security or interfere with other users; and
- not collect or harvest any information or data from any of our systems or attempt to decipher any transmissions to or from the servers containing information.
Intellectual property rights
All intellectual property rights in the App throughout the world belong to us (or our licensors) and the rights in the App are licensed (not sold) to you. You have no intellectual property rights in, or to, the App other than the right to use it in accordance with these terms.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
If we fail to comply with these terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking these terms or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time you accepted these terms, both we and you knew it might happen.
We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
If defective digital content that we have supplied damages a device or digital content belonging to you, we will either repair the damage or pay you compensation. However, we will not be liable for damage that you could have avoided by following our advice to apply an update offered to you free of charge or for damage that was caused by you failing to correctly follow installation instructions or to have in place the minimum system requirements advised by us.
We are not liable for business losses. The App is offered to end users for domestic and private use. If you use the App for any commercial, business or resale purpose we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
The App is provided for general information only. It does not offer advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of information obtained from the App. Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information provided by the App, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that such information is accurate, complete or up to date.
We recommend that you back up any content and data used in connection with the App, to protect yourself in case of problems with the App.
The App has not been developed to meet your individual requirements. Please check that the facilities and functions of the App (as described on the App store site and in the documentation) meet your requirements.
We are not responsible for events outside our control. If our provision of or support for the App is delayed by an event outside our control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event but if there is a risk of substantial delay you may contact us to end your contract with us.
We may end your rights to use the App if you break these terms
We may end your rights to use the App at any time by contacting you if you have broken these terms in a serious way. If what you have done can be put right, we will give you a reasonable opportunity to do so.
If we end your rights to use the App:
- you must stop all activities authorised by these terms, including your use of the App.
- you must delete or remove the App from all devices in your possession and immediately destroy all copies of the App which you have and confirm to us that you have done this.
We may remotely access your devices and remove the App from them and cease providing you with access.
We may transfer this agreement to someone else
We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will always tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the contract.
You need our consent to transfer your rights to someone else
You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these terms to another person if we agree in writing.
No rights for third parties
This agreement does not give rise to any rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of this agreement. If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force
Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date.
These terms are governed by English law, and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in the English courts. If you live in Scotland, you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Scottish or the English courts. If you live in Northern Ireland, you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Northern Irish or the English courts.