Ultimate Beneficial Ownership (UBO) refers to the persons or entities that are the ultimate beneficiary of a company. UBO also refers to situations in which ownership or controls are exercised through a chain of ownership and by means other than direct control.
The European Union’s Fourth Anti-Money Laundering Directive (4AMLD) substantially addressed Ultimate Beneficial Ownership — by stipulating persons who have a share, voting rights or control of more than 25% are classed as Ultimate Beneficial Owner.
Manual processes are prone to errors, as every touchpoint is a potential mistake that could be costly while slowing down the onboarding or monitoring process for clients.
Credas’ solution streamlines Ultimate Beneficial Ownership checks in real-time and allows you to efficiently run AML and KYC checks against individuals, providing up-to-date, real-time information that can help supercharge your due diligence and compliance workflow.
Credas’ UBO solution links and handles information across multiple company structures, avoiding the duplication of effort, time and costs.
- Retrieving company information, identify ownership structures and UBO’s.
- Performing check on individuals – verify anytime, anywhere with the user-friendly Credas portal and mobile app
- Up to 97.7% accuracy with our facial recognition software, and 100% NFC chip reading.
- All data stored in the UK – Microsoft Azure Cloud – a globally recognised, secure and trusted platform
- Simple, seamless integration with your existing CRM and onboarding processes
- Save hundreds of weekly staff hours and their associated costs